Ozcan, S., J. Dover, A.G. Rosenwald, S. Wolfl, & M. Johnston (1996) Two glucose transporters in Saccharomyces cerevisiae are glucose sensors that generate a signal for induction of gene expression. Proc. Natl Acad. Sci. USA 93: 12428-12432.
1. How was the RGT2 gene identified?
2. Give the specific data from Table 2 demonstrating that RGT2 is required for an approximately fivefold increase in HXT1 expression in 4% glucose.
3. What is the alteration in RGT2-11 What is the effect of this same alteration in SNF31
4. How did the authors demonstrate that Rgt2p is upstream of Grrlp?
5. Compare RGT2 and SNF3 transcription in cells grown in a medium containing different concentrations of glucose. How was this determined?
Was this article helpful?