1. Von Roenn JH, Cleeland CS, Gonin R, et al. Physician attitudes and practice in cancer pain management. A survey from the Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group. Ann Intern Med 1993;119:121-126.
2. Hitchcock LS, Ferrell BR, McCaffery M. J Pain Sympt Manag 1994;9:312-318.
3. Internet statistics and demographs. Available online at: http:// www.accurateonline.com/promotion-articles/internet-stats.htm. Accessed November 2, 2002.
4. Maguire P. For doctors, the pressure is on to computerize. ACP-ASIM Observer 2002;22:1.
5. Freedman VA, Martin LG, Schoeni RF. Recent trends in disability and functioning among older adults in the United States: a systematic review. JAMA 2002;288:3137-3146.
6. Keeler J. No more paper. Adv Health Inf Executives 2001:51-54.
7. Drazen E, Killbridge P, Metzger J, Turisco F. A primer on physician order entry. California Healthcare Foundation September 1, 2000:1-44.
8. Gloth FM III. Electronic medical record systems: "high tech" helps foster "high-touch" medicine. Med Bull 2002;4(10):2.
9. Torppey M. Demonstration on Victory Springs Smart E-records™ American College of Physicians Maryland chapter meeting, February 2003. Available at: www.victorysprings.com.
10. Morris AH. Decision support and safety of clinical environments. Qual Safety Health Care 2002;11:69-75.
11. Kohn LT, Corrigan JM, Donaldson MS, eds. To Err Is Human: Building a Safer Health System. Committee on Quality of Health Care in America. Institute of Medicine. Washington, DC: National Academy Press; 2000.
12. Safran C, Rind DM, Davis RB, et al. Guidelines for the management of HIV infection in a computer-based medical record. Lancet 1995;246:341-346.
13. Moore PL. Does your EMR = ROI? Phys Pract May-June 2002:51-54.
14. Gloth FM III, Torppey M. Electronic medical records in clinical care: using "high tech" for "high touch" medicine. J Pall Med 2003;(Abstract no. 601):148.
15. Safran C. Electronic medical records: a decade of experience. JAMA 2001;285:1766.
16. Safran C, Sands DZ, Rind DM. Online medical records: a decade of experience. Methods Inf Med 1999;38:308-312.
17. Pear R. Many doctors shun patients with Medicare. New York Times March 17, 2002;final sect:1.
Was this article helpful?
Free Your Mind And Achieve Peace. Discover How To Live In Peace And Harmony In A World Full Of Uncertainty And Dramatically Improve Your Quality Of Life Today. Finally You Can Fully Equip Yourself With These “Must Have” Tools For Achieving Peace And Calmness And Live A Life Of Comfort That You Deserve.