Lymphovascular Supply

The liver receives 30% of its blood from the hepatic artery (oxygenated blood), the remaining 70% being supplied by the portal vein (venous blood rich in nutrients absorbed from the gut). The blood is conducted through the sinusoids from the portal tracts to the central veins which in turn drain into the hepatic veins and ultimately the inferior vena cava. Most of the lymphatics drain to nodes in the porta hepatis (hepatoduodenal ligament) and then pass to the coeliac nodes. A small number pass through the diaphragm into the posterior mediastinum.

Inferior vena cava

Falciform ligament

Inferior vena cava

Inferior vena cava

Falciform ligament

Inferior vena cava

Lobule

Figure 9.1. Liver anatomy and histology.

Lobule

Figure 9.1. Liver anatomy and histology.

0 0

Post a comment