• capsule: intact/deficient/smooth/nodular/adhesions/circumscribed/lobulated.
• cut surface: uni-/multilocular/septate/solid areas (cm)/contents - fibrin, mucoid, serous fluid.
• paint the external surface.
• fixation by immersion in 10% formalin for 48 hours.
• sample one block per centimetre diameter of the tumour/cyst to include thin, nodular and solid areas of its wall and internal aspect.
• sample adjacent tissues to include the resection margins and any other structures.
Was this article helpful?