1. E. A. Zerhouni, D. M. Parish, W. J. Rogers, A. Yang, and E. P. Shapiro. Human heart: tagging with MR imaging — a method for noninvasive assessment of myocardial motion. RadioZogy, 169:59-63, 1988.
2. L. Axel and L. Dougherty. MR imaging of motion with spatial modulation of magnetization. Radiology, 171:841845, 1989.
3. C. C. Moore, W. G. O'Dell, E. R. McVeigh, and E. A. Zerhouni. Calculation of three-dimensional left ventricular strains from biplanar tagged MR images. /. Mag«. .Res. /mag., 2:165-175, 1992.
4. T. S. Denney Jr. and E. R. McVeigh. Model-free reconstruction of three-dimensional myocardial strain from planar tagged MR images. /. Mag«. Res. /mag., 7:799-810, 1997.
5. E. R. McVeigh. Regional myocardial function. Cardiology Clinics, 16(2):189-206, 1998.
6. N. R. Clark, N. Reichek, P. Bergey, E. A. Hoffman, D. Brownson, L. Palmon, and L. Axel. Circumferential myocardial shortening in the normal human left ventricle. Circ., 84:67-74, 1991.
7. A. A. Young, D. L. Kraitchman, L. Dougherty, and L. Axel. Tracking and finite element analysis of stripe deformation in magnetic tagging. IEEE Trans. Med. Imag., 14(3):413-412, 1995.
8. E. R. McVeigh. MRI of myocardial function motion tracking techniques. Magn. Res. Imag., 14(2):137, 1996.
9. C. H. Lugo-Olivieri, C. C. Moore, M. A. Guttman, J. A. C. Lima, E. R. McVeigh, and E. A. Zerhoum. The effects of ischemia on the temporal evolution of radial deformation in humans. Radiology, 193:161, 1994.
10. E. R. McVeigh, F. W. Prinzen, B. T. Wyman, J. E. Tsitlik, H. R. Halperin, and W. C. Hunter. Imaging asynchronous mechanical activation of the paced heart with tagged MRI. Magn. Res. Med., 39:507-513, 1998.
11. J. A. Lima, V. A. Ferrari, N. Reichek, C. M. Kramer, L. Palmon, M. R. Llaneras, B. Tallant, A. A. Young, and L. Axel. Segmental motion and deformation of transmurally infarcted myocardium in acute postinfarct period. Am. J. Physiol. 268(3):H1304-12, 1995 Pt 2
12. P. Croisille, R. M. Judd, J. A. C. Lima, C. C. Moore, R. M. Arai, C. Lugo-Olivieri, and F. A. Zerhouni. Combined dobutamine stress 3D tagged and contrast enhanced MRI differentiate viable from non-viable myocardium after acute infarction and reperfusion. Circulation, 92(8):I-508, 1995.
13. R. F. Mattrey, and C. B. Higgins. Detection of regional myocardial dysfunction during ischemia with computerized tomography documentation and physiologic basis. Investigative Radiology, 17(4):329-335, 1982.
14. S. Chandra, and Y Yang. Simulations and demonstrations of localized tagging experiments. J Magn. Reson. B, 111:285-288, 1996.
15. E. R. McVeigh, and B. D. Bolster, Jr. Improved sampling of myocardial motion with variable separation tagging. Magn. Reson. Med., 39:657-661, 1998.
16. L. Axel, and L. Dougherty. Heart wall motion improved method of spatial modulation of magnetization for MR imaging. Radiology, 172:349, 1989.
17. M. Shinnar, and J. S. Leigh. Inversion of the Bloch equation. J. Chem. Phys., 98(8):6121-6128, 1993.
18. E. R. McVeigh, and E. Atalar. Cardiac tagging with breath-hold cine MRI. Magn. Res. Med., 28:318-327, 1992.
19. E. Atalar, and E. McVeigh. Optimization of tag thickness for measuring position with magnetic resonance imaging. IEEE Trans. Med. Imag., 13(1):152-160, 1994.
20. M. A. Guttman, J. L. Prince, and E. R. McVeigh. Tag and contour detection in tagged MR images of the left ventricle. IEEE Trans. Med. Imaging}, 13(1):74-88, 1994.
21. W. S. Kerwin, and J. L. Prince. Tracking MR tag surfaces using a spatiotemporal filter and interpolator. Int. J. Imag. Sys. Tech., 10(2):128-142, 1999.
22. S. Kumar, and D. Goldgof. Automatic tracking of SPAMM grid and the estimation of deformation parameters from cardiac MR images. IEEE Trans. Med. Imag., 13:122-132, 1993.
23. A. A. Amini, Y. Chen, R. W. Curwen, V. Mani, and J. Sun. Coupled B-snake grids and constrained thin-plate splines for analysis of 2-D tissue deformations from tagged MRI. IEEE Trans. Med. Imag, 17(3):344-356, 1998.
24. S. Zhang, M.A. Douglas, L. Yaroslavsky, R. M. Summers, V. Dilsizian, L. Fananapazir, and S. L. Bacharach. A Fourier based algorithm for tracking SPAMM tags in gated magnetic resonance cardiac images. Med. Phys., 23(8):1359-1369, 1996.
25. T. S. Denney. Identification of myocardial tags in tagged MR images without prior knowledge of myocardial contours. In J. Duncan, and G. Gindi, editors, Proc. Inf. Process. Med. Imag., Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pages 327-340, Poultney, VT, June 1997. Springer-Verlag.
26. E. C. Hildreth. Measurement of Visual Motion. MIT Press, Cambridge, 1984.
27. J. L. Prince, and E. R. McVeigh. Motion estimation from tagged MR image sequences. IEEE Trans. Med. Imag., 11(2):238-249, 1992.
28. T. S. Denney, Jr., and J. L. Prince. Optimal brightness functions for optical flow estimation of deformable motion. IEEE Trans. Image Proc., 3(2):178-191, 1994.
29. S. N. Gupta, and J. L. Prince. On variable brightness optical flow for tagged MRI. In Y. Bizais, C. Barillot, and R. DiPaola, editors, Proc. Inf. Process. Med. Imag., pages 323324, Dordrecht, June 1995. Kluwer.
30. B. K. P. Horn, and B. G. Schunck. Determining optical flow. Artificial Intelligence, 17:185-203, 1981.
31. M. A. Gennert, and S. Negahdaripour. Relaxing the brightness constancy assumption in computing optical flow. M.I.T. Technical Report, June 1987. A.I. Memo No. 975.
32. S. N. Gupta, J. L. Prince, and S. Androutsellis-Theotokis. Bandpass optical flow for tagged MR imaging, In Proc. Int. Conf. Imag. Proc., volume 3, pages 364-367, IEEE Computer Society, October 1997. Santa Barbara, CA.
33. N. J. Pelc, M. Drangova, L. R. Pelc, Y. Zhu, D. C. Noll, B. S. Bowman, and R. J. Herfkens. Tracking of cyclic motion with phase-contrast cine MR velocity data. J. Magn. Res. Imag., 5:339-345, 1995.
34. V. J. Wedeen. Magnetic resonance imaging of myocardial kinematics. Technique to detect, localize, and quantify the strain rates of the active human myocardium. Magn. Res. Med., 27:52-67, 1992.
35. G. M. Beache, V. J. Wedeen, R. M. Weisskoff, P. T. O'Gara, B. P. Poncelet, D. A. Chesler, T. J. Brady, B. R. Rosen, and R. E. Dinsmore. Intramural mechanics in hypertrophic cardiomyopathy: Functional mapping with strain-rate MR imaging. Radiology, 197:117-124, 1995.
36. N. F. Osman, and J. L. Prince. Motion estimation from tagged MR images using angle images. In Proc. Int. Conf. Imag. Proc., volume 1, pages 704-708. Comp. Soc. Press. 1998. Chicago.
37. N. F. Osman, and J. L. Prince. Direct calculation of 2D components of myocardial strain using sinusiodal MR tagging. In SPIE Int. Symp. Med. Imag., February 1998. San Diego.
38. N. F. Osman, E. R. McVeigh, and J. L. Prince. Imaging heart motion using harmonic phase MRI. IEEE Trans. Med. Imaging, 19(3):XXX-XXX, 2000. For publication.
39. N. F. Osman, W. S. Kerwin, E. R. McVeigh, and J. L. Prince. Cardiac motion tracking using CINE harmonic phase (HARP) magnetic resonance imaging. Magn. Reson. Med., 42:1048-1060, 1999.
40. W. G. O'Dell, C. C. Moore, W. C. Hunter, E. A. Zerhouni, and E. R. McVeigh. Three-dimensional myocardial deformations: calculation with field fitting to tagged MR images. Radiology, 195:829-835, 1995.
41. J. Park, D. Metaxas, and L. Axel. Analysis of left ventricular wall motion based on volumetric deformable models and MRI-SPAMM. Med. Image Anal., 1(1):53-71, 1996.
42. W. S. Kerwin, and J. L. Prince. Cardiac material markers from tagged MR images. Med. Image Anal., 2(4):339-353, 1998.
43. P. Radeva, A. A. Amini, and J. Huang. Deformable B-solids and implicit snakes for 3D localization and tracking of SPAMM MRI data. Comput. Vis. Image Underst., 66(2):163-178, 1997.
Was this article helpful?