1. L. Adams, A. Knepper, D. Meyer-Ebrecht, R. Ruger, W. van der Brug. An optical navigator for brain surgery. IEEE Computer, 29(1):48-54, Jan. 1996.
2. D. R. Bucholz, K. R. Smith. A comparison of sonic digitizers versus light emitting diode-based localization. In R.J. Maciunas (ed.), Interactive Image-Guided Neurosurgery, Amer. Assoc. Neur. Surg., 1993.
3. R.D. Bucholz, K.R. Smith, J. Henderson, L. McDurmont. Intraoperative localization using a three dimensional optical digitizer. In Medical Robotics and Computer Assisted Surgery, pp. 283-290, 1994.
4. A. Chabrerie, F. Ozlen, S. Nakajima, M. Leventon, H. Atsumi, E. Crimson, E. Keeve, S. Helmers, J. Riviello, C. Holmes, F. Duffy, F. Jolesz, R. Kikinis, P. Black. Three-dimensional reconstruction and surgical navigation in pediatric epilepsy surgery, Medical Image Computation and Computer Assisted Interventions, Boston, October 1998.
5. P. Cinquin, S. Lavallee, J. Troccaz, Computer assisted medical interventions. IEEE EMB, 254-263, May/June 1995.
6. A.C.F. Colchester, J. Zhao, K. Holton-Tainter, C. Henri, N. Maitland, P. Roberts, C. Harris, R. Evans, Development and preliminary evaluation of VISLAN, a surgical planning and guidance system using intra-operative video imaging. Medical Image Analysis, 1(1):73-90, March 1996.
7. A. Collignon, F. Maes, D. Delaere, D. Vandermeulen, P. Suetents, C. Marchal. Automated multimodality image registration using information theory. In Y. Bizais and C. Barillot (eds.) Information Processing in Medical Imaging, pp. 263-274, Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1995.
8. A. Collignon, D. Vandermeulen, P. Suetens, C. Marchal. 3D multi-modality medical image registration using feature space clustering. In Ayache, N. (ed.), CVRMed, Vol. 905, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. 195-204, Springer-Verlag, 1995.
9. C. Ettinger, Hierarchical three-dimensional medical image registration, Ph.D. Thesis, MIT, 1997.
10. G. Ettinger, M. Leventon, E. Crimson, R. Kikinis, L. Gugino, W. Cote, L. Sprung, L. Aglio, M. Shenton, G. Potts, E. Alexander. Experimentation with a transcranial magnetic stimulation system for functional brain mapping. Medical Image Analysis, 2(2):133-142, 1998.
11. R. Galloway. Stereotactic frame systems and intraoperative localization devices. In R. Maciunas (ed.), Interactive Image-Guided Neurosurgery, Amer. Assoc. Neur. Surg., 1993.
12. W.E.L. Crimson, T. Lozano-Perez, W.M. Wells III, G.J. Ettinger, S.J. White, R. Kikinis. An automatic registration method for frameless stereotaxy, image guided surgery, and enhanced reality visualization. Comp. Vis. and Pattern Recognition Conference, Seattle, June 1994.
13. W.E.L. Grimson, G.J. Ettinger, S.J. White, P.L. Gleason, T. Lozano-Perez, W.M. Wells III, R. Kikinis. Evaluating and validating an automated registration system for enhanced reality visualization in surgery. First CVRMED, Nice, France, pp. 3-12, April 1995.
14. W.E.L. Grimson, G.J. Ettinger, S.J. White, T. Lozano-Perez, W.M. Wells III, R. Kikinis. An automatic registration method for frameless stereotaxy, image guided surgery, and enhanced reality visualization. IEEE TMI, 15(2):129-140, April 1996.
15. D.J. Hawkes, D.L. Hill, E.C Bracey. Multimodal data fusion to combine anatomical and physiological information in the head and heart. In J.H. Reiber and E.E. van der Wall (eds.), Cardiovascular Nuclear Medicine and MRI, pp. 113130, Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1992.
16. P.F. Hemler, P.A. van den Elsen, T.S. Sumanaweera, S. Napel, J. Drace, J.R. Adler. A quantitative comparison of residual error for three different multimodality registration techniques. In H. Bizais, C. Barillot, and R. di Paola, (eds.), Information Processing in Medical Imaging, pp. 389390, Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1995.
17. T. Kapur, W.E.L. Grimson, R. Kikinis. Segmentation of brain tissue from MR images. First CVRMED, Nice, France, pp. 429-433, April 1995.
18. L. Lemieux, N.D. Kitchen, S.W. Hughes, D.G.T. Thomas. Voxel-based localization in frame-based and frameless stereotaxy and its accuracy. Med. Phys. 21, 1301-1310.
19. L.D. Lunsford. Modern Stereotactic Neurosurgery. Martinus Nijhoff, Boston, 1988.
20. W.E. Lorensen, H.E. Cline. Marching Cube: A high resolution 3-D surface construction algorithm. Computer Graphics, 21(3):163-169, 1987.
21. R. Maciunas, J. Fitzpatrick, R. Galloway, G. Allen. Beyond stereotaxy: Extreme levels of application accuracy are provided by implantable fiducial markers for interactive-image-guided neurosurgery. In R.J. Maciunas (ed.), Interactive Image-Guided Neurosurgery, Amer. Assoc. Neur. Surg., 1993.
22. J.B. Maintz, M.A. Viergever. A survey of medical image registration. Medical Image Analysis, 2, 1-36, 1998.
23. C.R. Maurer, J.M. Fitzpatrick. A review of medical image registration. In R.J. Maciunas (ed.), Interactive Image-Guided Neurosurgery, Amer. Assoc. Neur. Surg., pp. 17-44, 1993.
24. C.R. Maurer, J.J.McCrory, J.M. Fitzpatrick. Estimation of accuracy in localizing externally attached markers in multimodal volume head images. In M.H. Loew, (ed.) Medical Imaging: Image Processing, Vol. 1898, pp. 43-54, SPIE Press, 1993.
25. C.R. Maurer, G.B. Aboutanos, B.M. Dawant, R.A. Margolin, R.J. Maciunas, J.M Fitzpatrick. Registration of CT and MR brain images using a combination of points and surfaces. In M.H. Loew (ed.), Medical Imaging: Image Processing, SPIE, pp. 109-123, 1995.
26. C.R. Maurer, J.M Fitzpatrick, R.L. Galloway, M.Y. Wang, R.J. Maciunas, G.S. Allen. The accuracy of image-guided neurosurgery using implantable fiducial markers. In H. Lemke, K. Inamura, C. Jaffe, and M. Vannier (eds.), Computer Assisted Radiology, pp. 1197-1202, SpringerVerlag, 1995.
27. T. McInerney, D. Terzopoulos. Medical image segmentation using topologically adaptable snakes. CVRMed, 1995.
28. T. Peters, B. Davey, P. Munger, R. Comeau, A. Evans, A. Olivier. Three-dimensional multimodal image-guidance for neurosurgery. IEEE TMI, 15(2):121-128, April 1996.
29. M.J. Ryan, R.K. Erickson, D.N. Levin, C.A. Pelizzari, R.L. Macdonald, G.J. Dohrmann. Frameless stereotaxy with real-time tracking of patient head movement and retrospective patient-image registration. J Neurosurgery, 85:287-292, August 1996.
30. G. Szekely, A. Keleman, C. Brechbuehler, G. Gerig. Segmentation of 3D objects from MRI volume data using constrained elastic deformations of flexible Fourier surface models. CVRMed, 1995.
31. S. Tebo, D. Leopold, D. Long, S. Zinreich, D. Kennedy. An optical 3D digitizer for frameless stereotactic surgery. IEEE Comp. Graph. Appl. 16(1):55-64, Jan. 1996.
32. P.A. van den Elsen, E.J.D. Pol, M.A. Viergever. Medical image matching — a review with classification. IEEE Eng. Med. Biol. 12, 26-39, 1993.
33. K.L. Vincken, A.S.E. Koster, M.A. Viergever. Probabilistic hyperstack segmentation of MR brain data. CVRMed, 1995.
34. S. Warfield, J. Dengler, J. Zaers, C. Guttmann, W. Wells, G. Ettinger, J. Hiller, R. Kikinis. Automatic identification of grey matter structures from MRI to improve the segmentation of white matter lesions. Journal of Image Guided Surgery, 1(6):326-338, June 1996.
35. E. Watanabe. The neuronavigator: A potentiometer-based localizing arm system. In R. Maciunas (ed), Interactive Image-Guided Neurosurgery, Amer. Assoc. Neur. Surg., 1993.
36. W.M. Wells. Adaptive segmentation of MRI data. First CVRMED, Nice, France, April 1995, pp. 59-69.
37. W.M. Wells, III, W.E.L. Grimson, R. Kikinis, F.A. Jolesz. Adaptive segmentation of MRI data. IEEE Trans. Medical Imaging, 15(4):429-442, August 1996.
38. W.M. Wells, P. Viola, H. Atsumi, S. Nakajima, R. Kikinis. Multi-modal volume registration by maximization of mutual information. Medical Image Analysis, 1(1):35-51, 1996.
Was this article helpful?