1. G. B. Aboutanos and B. M. Dawant. Automatic brain segmentation and validation: Image-based versus atlas-based deformable models. Proceedings of the SPIE— Medical Imaging 1997, 3034:299-310, February 1997.
2. Luis Alvarez, Pierre-Louis Lions, and Jean-Michel Morel. Image selective smoothing and edge detection by nonlinear diffusion. SIAM J. Number. Anal., 29(3):845-866, June 1992.
3. T. Arden and J. Poon. WiT User's Guide. Logical Vision Ltd., Burnaby, Canada, October 1999. Version 5.1. http:// www.logical-vision.com
4. M. S. Atkins and B. Mackiewich. Fully automatic segmentation of the brain in MRI. IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, 17(1):98-107, Feb. 1998.
5. M. S. Atkins, T. Zuk, B. Johnston, and T. Arden. Role of visual languages in developing image analysis algorithms. In Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Visual Languages, pages 262-269, St. Louis, MO, October 1994. IEEE.
6. J. C. Bezdek, L. O. Hall, and L. P. Clarke. Review of MR image segmentation techniques using pattern recognition. Medical Physics, 20(4):1033-1048, 1993.
7. M. Brummer, R. Mersereau, R. Eisner, and R. Lewine. Automatic detection of brain contours in MRI data sets. IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, 12(2):153-166, June 1993.
8. L. P. Clarke, R. P. Velthuizen, M. A. Camacho, J. J. Heine, M. Vaidyanathan, L. O. Hall, R. W. Thatcher, and M. L. Silbiger. MRI segmentation: Methods and applications. Magnetic Resonance Imaging, 13(3):343-368, 1995.
9. L. Cohen. On active contour models and balloons. Computer Vision, Graphics, and Image Processing: Image Understanding, 53(2):211-218, March 1991.
10. D. L. Collins, A. Zijdenbos, W. Baare, and A. Evans. ANIMAL + INSECT: improved cortical structure segmentation. In A. Todd-Pokropek A. Kuba, M. Samal, editor, Information Processing in Medical Imaging, LNCS 1613:450-455. Springer-Verlag, 1999.
11. D. Dean, P. Buckley, F. Bookstein, J. Kamath, D. Kwon, L. Friedman, and C. Lys. Three dimensional MR-based morphometric comparison of schizophrenic and normal cerebral ventricles. In Proceedings of Visualisation in Biomedical Computing 96, Vol. 1131, pages 363-372. Springer-Verlag Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Sept. 1996.
12. W. A. Edelstein, P. A. Bottomley, and L. M. Pfeifer. A signal-to-noise calibration procedure for NMR imaging systems. Medical Physics, 11(2):180-185, 1984.
13. P. A. Freeborough and N. C. Fox. Assessing patterns and rates of brain atrophy by serial MRI: a segmentation, registration, display and quantification procedure. In Proceedings of Visualisation in Biomedical Computing 96, Vol. 1131, pages 419-428. Springer-Verlag Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Sept. 1996.
14. Y. Ge, J. M. Fitzpatrick, B. Dawant, J. Bao, R. Kessler, and R. Margolin. Accurate localization of cortical convolutions in MR brain images. IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, 15(4):418-428, August 1996.
15. G. Gerig, O. Kübler, R. Kikinis, and F. Jolesz. Nonlinear anisotropic filtering of MRI data. IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, 11(2):221-232, June 1992.
16. S. L. Hartmann, M. H. Parks, H. Schlack, W. Riddle, R. R. Price, P. R. Martin, and B. M. Dawant. Automatic computation of brain and cerebellum volumes in normal subjects and chronic alcoholics. In A. Todd-Pokropek, A. Kuba, M. Samal, editors, Information Processing in Medical Imaging, LNCS 1613:450-455. Springer-Verlag, 1999.
17. M. Henkelman. Measurement of signal intensities in the presence of noise in MR images. Medical Physics, 12(2):232-233, 1985.
18. B. Johnston, M. S. Atkins, B. Mackiewich, an M. Anderson. Segmentation of multiple sclerosis lesions in intensity corrected multispectral MRI. IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, 15(2):154-169, April 1996.
19. T. Kapur, W. E. L. Grimson, W. M. Wells III, and R. Kikinis. Segmentation of brain tissue from magnetic resonance images. Medical Image Analysis, 1(2), 1996.
20. M. Kass, A. Witkin, and D. Terzopoulos. Snakes: Active contour models. International Journal of Computer Vision, 321-331, 1988.
21. Louis Lemieux, Georg Hagemann, Karsten Krakow, and Friedrich Woermann. Fast, automatic segmentation of the brain in T1-weighted volume MRI data. Proceedings of the SPIE—Medical Imaging 1999, 3661:152-160, February 1999.
22. B. Mackiewich. Intracranial boundary detection and radio frequency correction in magnetic resonance images. Master's thesis, Simon Fraser University, Computer Science Department: http://www.cs.sfu.ca/people/Faculty/ Atkins/grads.html, Burnaby, B.C., August 1995.
23. T. McInerney and D. Terzepoulos. Deformable models in medical image analysis: a survey. Medical Image Analysis, 1(2):91-108, 1996.
24. N. Nordstrüm. Biased anisotropic diffusion — a unified generalization and diffision aapproach to edge detection. Image Vision Comput., 8(4):318-327, 1990.
25. D. Paty. Interferon beta-1b in the treatment of multiple sclerosis: Final outcome of the randomized controlled trial. Neurology, 45:1277-1285, July 1995.
26. P. Perona and J. Malik. Scale-space and edge detection using anisotropic diffusion. IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, 12(7):629-639, July 1990.
27. J. Schnable, L. Lemieux, U. Wieshmann and S. Arridge. Measurement of hippocampal volume changes in serial MRI scans. Proceedings of the SPIE—Medical Imaging 1999, 3661:1367-1376, February 1999.
28. J. Sled, A. Zijdenbos, and A. Evans. A non-parametric method for automatic correction of intensity non-uniformity in MRI data. IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, 17(1):87-97, Feb. 1998.
29. R. R. Stringham, W. A. Barrett, and D. C. Taylor. Probabilistic segmentation using edge detection and region growing. In Proceedings of the SPIE: Visualization in Biomedical Computing, 1992, Vol. 1808, pages 40-51, Chapel Hill, NJ, 1992.
30. J-P. Thirion. Image matching as a diffusion process: an analogy with Maxwell's demons. Medical Image Analysis, 2(3):243-260, 1998.
31. J. Udupa and S. Samarasekera. Fuzzy connectedness and object definition: theory, algorithms and applications in image segmentation. Graphical Models and Image Processing, 58(3):246-261, May 1996.
32. J. Udupa, R. Grossman, L. Nyul, Y. Ge, and L. Wei. Multiprotocol MR image segmentation in Multiple Sclerosis: experience with over 1000 studies. Proceedings of the SPIE—Medical Imaging 2000, 3797:pages to appear, February 2000.
33. M. Vaillant and C. Dzavatzikos. Finding parametric representations of the cortical sulci using an active contour model. Medical Image Analysis, 1(4):91-108, 1997.
34. W. M. Wells III, W. E. L. Grimson, R. Kikinis, and F. A. Jolesz. Adaptive segmentation of MRI data. IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, 15(4):429-443, August 1996.
35. A. Worth, N. Makris, J. Meyer, V. Caviness and D. Kennedy. Semiautomatic segmentation of brain exterior in magnetic resonance images driven by empirical procedures and anatomical knowledge. Medical Image Analysis, 2(4):315-324, 1998.
36. A. Zijdenbos, B. Dawant, R. Margolin, and A. Palmer. Morphometric analysis of white matter lesions in MR images: Method and validation. IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, 13(4):716-724, December 1994.
Was this article helpful?