1. C. N. Adams, A. Aiyer, B. J. Betts, J. Li, P. C. Cosman, S. M. Perlmutter, M. Williams, K. O. Perlmutter, D. Ikeda, L. Fajardo, R. Birdwell, B. L. Daniel, S. Rossiter, R. A. Olshen, and R. M. Gray. Evaluating quality and utility of digital mammograms and lossy compressed digital mammograms. In Proceedings 3rd Intl. Workshop on Digital Mammography, Chicago, IL, June 1996.
2. I. Andersson. Mammography in clinical practice. Med Radiography and Photography, 62(2):2, 1986.
3. P. Armitage. Statistical Methods in Medical Research. Blackwell Scientific Publications, Oxford, 1971.
4. C. Battilana, H. Zhang, R. A. Olshen, L. Wexler, and B. D. Myers. PAH extraction and the estimation of plasma flow in diseased human kidneys. American Journal of Physiology, 30:F726-F733, 1991.
5. J. M. Bramble, L. T. Cook, M. D. Murphey, N. L. Martin, W. H. Anderson, and K. S. Hensley. Image data compression in magnification hand radiographs. Radiology, 170:133-136, 1989.
6. R. O. Brandenburg, V., Fuster, E. R. Giuliani, and D. C. McGoon. Cardiology: Fundamentals and Practice. Year Book Medical Publishers, Inc., Chicago, 1987.
7. P. C. Cosman, H. C. Davidson, C. J. Bergin, C. Tseng, L. E. Moses, E. A. Riskin, R. A. Olshen, and R. M. Gray. Thoracic CT images: effect of lossy image compression on diagnostic accuracy. Radiology, 190:517-524. 1994.
8. P. C. Cosman, C. Tseng, R. M. Gray, R. A., Olshen, L. E. Moses, H. C. Davidson, C. J. Bergin, and E. A. Riskin. Three-structured vector quantization of CT chest scans: image quality and diagnostic accuracy. IEEE Trans. Medical Imaging, 12(4):727-739, Dec. 1993.
9. D. D. Dershaw, A. Abramson, and D. W. Kinne. Ductal carcinoma in situ: mammographic findings and clinical implications. Radiology, 170:411-415, 1989.
10. B. Efron. The Jackknife, the Bootstrap, and Other Resampling Plans. Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics, Philadelphia, 1982.
11. B. Efron. Better bootstrap confidence intervals and bootstrap approximations. J. Amer. Stat. Assoc., 82:171185, 1987.
12. B. Efron and R. Tibshirani. An Introduction to the Bootstrap, volume 57 of Monographs on Statistics and Applied Probability. Chapman & Hall, New York, 1993.
13. D. A. Freedman. Bootstrapping regression models. Annals of Statistics, 9:1218-1228, 1981.
14. R. M. Gray, R. A., Olshen, D. Ikeda, P. C. Cosman, S. Perlmutter, C. Nash, and K. Perlmutter. Evaluating quality and utility in digital mammography. In Proceedings ICIP-95, volume II, pages 5-8, Washington, D.C., October 1995. IEEE, IEEE Computer Society Press.
15. E. J. Halpern, J. H. Newhouse, E. S. Amis, H. M. Levy, and H. W. Lubetsky. Evaluation of a quadtree-based compression algorithm with digitized urograms. Radiology, 171:259-263, 1989.
16. D. M. Ikeda, I. Andersson, C. Wattsgard L. Janzon, and F. Linell. Radiographic appearance and prognostic considera tion of interval carcinoma in the Malmö mammographic screening trial. Amer. J. Roentgenology, 159:287-294, 1992.
17. J. K. T. Lee, S. S. Sagel, and R. J. Stanley. Computed Body Tomography with MRI Correlation, volume 2. Raven Press, New York, 1989, Second Edition.
18. E. L. Lehmann. Testing Statistical Hypothesis. John Wiley & Sons, New York, 1986. Second edition.
19. H. MacMahon, K. Doi, S. Sanada, S. M. Montner, M. L. Giger, C. E. Metz, N. Nakamori, F. Yin, X. Xu, H. Yonekawa, and H. Takeuchi. Data compression: effect on diagnostic accuracy in digital chest radiographs. Radiology, 178-179, 1991.
20. R. G. Miller, Jr. Simultaneous Statistical Inference. Springer-Verlag, New York, 1981. Second edition.
21. R. G. Miller, Jr. Beyond ANOVA, Basics of Applied Statistics. John Wiley and Sons, New York, 1986.
22. R. A. Olshen, E. N. Biden, M. P. Wyatt, and D. H. Sutherland. Gait analysis and the bootstrap. Annals of Statistics, 17:1419-1440, 1989.
23. S. M. Perlmutter, P. C. Cosman, R. M. Gray, R. A. Olshen, D. Ikeda, C. N. Adams, B. J. Betts, M. Williams, K. O. Perlmutter, J. Li, A. Aiyer, L. Fajardo, R. Birdwell, and B. L. Daniel. Image quality in lossy compressed digital mammograms. Signal Processing, 59:189-210, June 1997.
24. S. M. Perlmutter, P. C. Cosman, C. Tseng, R. A. Olshen, R. M. Gray, K. C. P. Li, and C. J. Bergin. Medical image compression and vector quantization. Statistical Science, 13(1):30-53, Jan. 1998.
25. S. M. Perlmutter, C. Tseng, P. C. Cosman, K. C. P. Li, R. A. Olshen, and R. M. Gray. Measurement accuracy as a measure of image quality in compressed MR chest scans. In Proceedings ICIP-94, volume 1, pages 861-865, Austin, TX, Nov. 1994. IEEE Computer Society Press.
26. J. Sayre, D. R. Aberle, M. I. Boechat, T. R. Hall, H. K. Huang, B. K. Ho, P. Kashfian, and G. Rahbar. Effect of data compression on diagnostic accuracy in digital hand and chest radiography. In Proceedings of Medical Imaging VI: Image Capture, Formatting, and Display, volume 1653, pages 232-240. SPIE, Feb. 1992.
27. G. W. Snedecor and W. G. Cochran. Statistical Methods. Iowa State University Press, Ames, Iowa, 1989.
28. D. D. Stark and W. G. Bradley, Jr. Magnetic Resonance Imaging. Mosby-Year Book, Inc., St. Louis, 1992. Second edition.
29. P. C. Stomper, J. L. Connolly, J. E. Meyer, and J. R. Harris. Clinically occult ductal carcinoma in situ detected with mammography: analysis of 100 cases with radiographic-pathologic correlation, Radiology, 172:235-241, 1989.
Was this article helpful?