• Wear disposable gloves when working on the fetal pig dissection.
• Dispose of tissue remnants and gloves as instructed.
• Wash the dissecting tray and instruments as instructed.
• Wash your laboratory table.
• Wash your hands before leaving the laboratory.
In this laboratory exercise, you will dissect the major digestive organs of a fetal pig. As you observe these organs, compare them with those of the human by observing the parts of the human torso.
Was this article helpful?
This ebook provides an introductory explanation of the workings of the human body, with an effort to draw connections between the body systems and explain their interdependencies. A framework for the book is homeostasis and how the body maintains balance within each system. This is intended as a first introduction to physiology for a college-level course.