1. Review textbook sections on the pancreas, liver, and small intestine.
2. As a review activity, label figure 49 9.
3. Observe the torso and locate the following structures:
pancreas pancreatic duct liver right lobe quadrate lobe caudate lobe left lobe gallbladder hepatic ducts common hepatic duct cystic duct common bile duct hepatopancreatic sphincter (sphincter of Oddi)
4. Examine the pancreas slide using low-power magnification. Observe the exocrine (acinar) cells that secrete pancreatic juice. See figure 37.11 in Laboratory Exercise 37 for a micrograph of the pancreas.
5. Complete Part D of the laboratory report.
Was this article helpful?
This ebook provides an introductory explanation of the workings of the human body, with an effort to draw connections between the body systems and explain their interdependencies. A framework for the book is homeostasis and how the body maintains balance within each system. This is intended as a first introduction to physiology for a college-level course.