Indicate if each of the following sentences makes correct or incorrect usage of the word in boldface type (assume that the body is in the anatomical position). If the sentence is incorrect, supply a term that will make it correct in the space provided.
1. The mouth is superior to the nose. _
2. The stomach is inferior to the diaphragm. _
3. The trachea is anterior to the spinal cord. _
4. The larynx is posterior to the esophagus. _
5. The heart is medial to the lungs. _
6. The kidneys are inferior to the adrenal glands. _
7. The hand is proximal to the elbow. _
8. The knee is proximal to the ankle. _
9. Blood in deep blood vessels gives color to the skin. _
10. A peripheral nerve passes from the spinal cord into the limbs. _
11. The spleen and gallbladder are ipsilateral. _
12. The dermis is the superficial layer of the skin. _
Figure 2.7 Name (a) the planes and (b) the sections represented in these diagrams.
Was this article helpful?
This ebook provides an introductory explanation of the workings of the human body, with an effort to draw connections between the body systems and explain their interdependencies. A framework for the book is homeostasis and how the body maintains balance within each system. This is intended as a first introduction to physiology for a college-level course.