Complete the following:
1. Name the three portions of the small intestine.
2. Describe the function of the mesentery. _
3. Name the lymphatic capillary found in an intestinal villus. _
4. Name five digestive enzymes secreted by the small intestinal mucosa.
5. Name the four portions of the colon.
6. Name the valve that controls movement of material between the small and large intestines.
7. Name the small projection that contains lymphatic tissue attached to the cecum.
8. Summarize the functions of the small intestine. _
9. Summarize the functions of the large intestine.
Laboratory Exercise 50
Was this article helpful?
This ebook provides an introductory explanation of the workings of the human body, with an effort to draw connections between the body systems and explain their interdependencies. A framework for the book is homeostasis and how the body maintains balance within each system. This is intended as a first introduction to physiology for a college-level course.