Complete the following:
1. Name the four regions of the stomach. _
2. Name the valve that prevents regurgitation of food from the small intestine back into the stomach. _
3. Name the gastric cells that secrete digestive enzymes. _
4. Name the gastric cells that secrete hydrochloric acid. _
5. Name the most important digestive enzyme secreted in the stomach. _
6. Name a hormone secreted by the stomach that stimulates gastric glands to secrete. _
7. Name the semifluid paste of food particles and gastric juice. _
8. Summarize the functions of the stomach. _
Was this article helpful?
This ebook provides an introductory explanation of the workings of the human body, with an effort to draw connections between the body systems and explain their interdependencies. A framework for the book is homeostasis and how the body maintains balance within each system. This is intended as a first introduction to physiology for a college-level course.