Match the nerve tracts in column A with the descriptions in column B. Place the letter of your choice in the space provided.
1. ascending tract to the brain to interpret touch, pressure, and body movements
2. descending tract whose fibers conduct motor impulses to sweat glands and muscles to control tone
3. descending tract whose fibers conduct motor impulses to skeletal muscles
4. ascending tract to the cerebellum necessary for coordination of skeletal muscles
5. ascending tract to the brain to give rise to sensations of temperature and pain
Was this article helpful?
This ebook provides an introductory explanation of the workings of the human body, with an effort to draw connections between the body systems and explain their interdependencies. A framework for the book is homeostasis and how the body maintains balance within each system. This is intended as a first introduction to physiology for a college-level course.