Complete the following statements:
1. Taste receptor cells are modified_cells.
2. The opening to a taste bud is called a_.
3. The_of a taste cell are its sensitive part.
4. Before the taste of a substance can be detected, the substance must be dissolved in_.
5. Substances that stimulate taste cells seem to bind with_sites on the surfaces of taste hairs.
6. There are at least_kinds of taste cells, although microscopically they all appear to be very much alike.
7. Sweet receptors are most abundant in the_of the tongue.
8. Sour receptors are mainly stimulated by_.
9. Salt receptors are mainly stimulated by ionized inorganic_.
10. Alkaloids usually have a_taste.
Was this article helpful?
This ebook provides an introductory explanation of the workings of the human body, with an effort to draw connections between the body systems and explain their interdependencies. A framework for the book is homeostasis and how the body maintains balance within each system. This is intended as a first introduction to physiology for a college-level course.