Name the muscle indicated by the following combinations of origin and insertion.
1. lateral surface of ilium
2. ischial tuberosity
3. anterior superior iliac spine
4. lateral and medial condyles of femur
5. anterior iliac crest
6. greater trochanter and posterior surface of femur
Insertion greater trochanter of femur posterior surface of femur medial surface of tibia posterior surface of calcaneus fascia (iliotibial tract) of the thigh patella to tibial tuberosity medial surface of tibia
8. medial surface of femur
9. posterior surface of tibia
10. lateral condyle and lateral surface of tibia patella to tibial tuberosity distal phalanges of four lateral toes cuneiform and first metatarsal
Was this article helpful?
This ebook provides an introductory explanation of the workings of the human body, with an effort to draw connections between the body systems and explain their interdependencies. A framework for the book is homeostasis and how the body maintains balance within each system. This is intended as a first introduction to physiology for a college-level course.