Match the terms in column A with the descriptions in column B. Place the letter of your choice in the space provided.
1. transmits impulse from sensory to motor neuron within central nervous system
2. transmits impulse out of the brain or spinal cord to effectors
3. transmits impulse into brain or spinal cord from receptors
4. myelinforming neuroglial cell in brain and spinal cord
5. phagocytic neuroglial cell
6. structure capable of responding to motor impulse
7. specialized mass of neuron cell bodies outside the brain or spinal cord
8. covers the inside spaces of the ventricles
Was this article helpful?
This ebook provides an introductory explanation of the workings of the human body, with an effort to draw connections between the body systems and explain their interdependencies. A framework for the book is homeostasis and how the body maintains balance within each system. This is intended as a first introduction to physiology for a college-level course.