Complete the following:
1. Sketch the millimeter scale as it appears under the scanning objective magnification. (The circle represents the field of view through the microscope.)
2. What is the diameter of the scanning field of view in millimeters?_
3. Microscopic objects often are measured in micrometers. A micrometer equals 1/1000 of a millimeter and is symbolized by |im. What is the diameter of the scanning power field of view in micrometers?_
4. If a circular object or specimen extends halfway across the scanning field, what is its diameter in millimeters?_
5. What is its diameter in micrometers?_
Was this article helpful?
This ebook provides an introductory explanation of the workings of the human body, with an effort to draw connections between the body systems and explain their interdependencies. A framework for the book is homeostasis and how the body maintains balance within each system. This is intended as a first introduction to physiology for a college-level course.