Complete the following:
1. The part of the pharynx superior to the soft palate is called the
2. The middle part of the pharynx is called the _
3. The inferior portion of the pharynx is called the _
4. The auditory tube opens through the wall of the _
5. List six major actions in the swallowing reflex.
6. The esophagus passes through the mediastinum posterior to the_as it descends into the thorax.
7. _is the main secretion of the esophagus.
Was this article helpful?
This ebook provides an introductory explanation of the workings of the human body, with an effort to draw connections between the body systems and explain their interdependencies. A framework for the book is homeostasis and how the body maintains balance within each system. This is intended as a first introduction to physiology for a college-level course.