Complete the following statements:
1. The membrane on the surface of the lung is called the .
2. The membrane on the surface of the heart is called the _
3. The membrane that lines the wall of the abdominopelvic cavity is called the
4. The membrane on the surface of the stomach is called the _
5. The thin, watery fluid located between the pleural membranes is called
6. Epicardium is another name for_
7. The region of the thoracic cavity between the two lungs is called the
8. The muscular structure that separates the thoracic and abdominopelvic cavities is called the
Was this article helpful?
This ebook provides an introductory explanation of the workings of the human body, with an effort to draw connections between the body systems and explain their interdependencies. A framework for the book is homeostasis and how the body maintains balance within each system. This is intended as a first introduction to physiology for a college-level course.