Complete the following statements:
1. _are receptors that are sensitive to changes in the concentrations of chemicals.
2. Whenever tissues are damaged,_receptors are likely to be stimulated.
3. Receptors that are sensitive to temperature changes are called_.
4. _are sensitive to changes in pressure or to movement of fluid.
5. _are sensitive to changes in the intensity of light energy.
6. A sensation may seem to fade away when receptors are continuously stimulated as a result of _adaptation.
7. Meissner s corpuscles are responsible for the sense of light_.
8. Pacinian corpuscles are responsible for the sense of deep_.
9. _receptors are most sensitive to temperatures between 25°C (77°F) and 45°C (113°F).
10. _receptors are most sensitive to temperatures between 10°C (50°F) and 20°C (68°F).
Was this article helpful?
This ebook provides an introductory explanation of the workings of the human body, with an effort to draw connections between the body systems and explain their interdependencies. A framework for the book is homeostasis and how the body maintains balance within each system. This is intended as a first introduction to physiology for a college-level course.