Match the terms in column A with the definitions in column B. Place the letter of your choice in the space provided.
a. all-or-none b. latent period c. motor unit d. muscle tone e. myogram f. refractory period g. tetanic contraction (tetanus)
h. threshold stimulus i. twitch
1. minimal intensity of stimulation necessary to trigger a muscle contraction
2. response of a muscle fiber/motor unit complete contraction if stimulated sufficiently
3. consists of a single motor neuron and all of the muscle fibers with which the neuron is associated
4. an action of a muscle contraction and immediate relaxation when exposed to a single stimulus
5. the time between stimulation and response
6. the time following a muscle contraction during which the muscle remains unresponsive to stimulation
7. forceful, sustained contraction
8. some contraction of muscle fibers when a muscle is at rest
9. the recording of the pattern of a muscle contraction
Was this article helpful?