Match the terms in column A with the descriptions in column B. Place the letter of your choice in the space provided.
a. gomphosis b. suture c. symphysis d. synchondrosis e. syndesmosis
1. immovable joint between flat bones of the skull united by a thin layer of connective tissue
2. articular cartilages at joint attached by pad of fibrocartilage
3. temporary joint in which bones are united by bands of hyaline cartilage
4. slightly movable joint in which bones are united by interosseous ligament
5. joint formed by union of cone-shaped bony process in bony socket
Was this article helpful?
This ebook provides an introductory explanation of the workings of the human body, with an effort to draw connections between the body systems and explain their interdependencies. A framework for the book is homeostasis and how the body maintains balance within each system. This is intended as a first introduction to physiology for a college-level course.