Complete the following: 1. Compare the locations of the major salivary glands of the human with those of the fetal pig.
2. Compare the types and numbers of primary (deciduous) teeth present in the pig's maxilla with those of the human. _
3. In what ways do the pig's teeth seem to be adapted to its diet?
4. What part of the human soft palate is lacking in the pig? _
5. What do you think is the function of the transverse ridges (rugae) in the hard palate of the pig?
6. Describe the papillae on the surface of the tongue of the pig.
Was this article helpful?
This ebook provides an introductory explanation of the workings of the human body, with an effort to draw connections between the body systems and explain their interdependencies. A framework for the book is homeostasis and how the body maintains balance within each system. This is intended as a first introduction to physiology for a college-level course.