Complete the following statements: 1. A withdrawal reflex employs a total of _
2. Interneurons in a withdrawal reflex are located in the
3. A reflex arc begins with the stimulation of a_
4. Effectors of a reflex arc are glands and_
5. A knee-jerk reflex employs only_
6. The effector of the knee-jerk reflex is the at the end of a sensory neuron.
and motor neurons. _muscle.
7. The sensory stretch receptors of the knee-jerk reflex are located in the_
8. The dorsal root of a spinal nerve contains the_neurons.
9. The sensory receptors of a withdrawal reflex are located in the_
10. _muscles in the limbs are the effectors of a withdrawal reflex.
11. The normal plantar reflex results in_of toes.
12. Stroking the sole of the foot in infants results in dorsiflexion and toes that spread apart, called the _reflex.
Was this article helpful?
This ebook provides an introductory explanation of the workings of the human body, with an effort to draw connections between the body systems and explain their interdependencies. A framework for the book is homeostasis and how the body maintains balance within each system. This is intended as a first introduction to physiology for a college-level course.