After completing this exercise, you should be able to
1. list the three types of muscle tissues;
2. describe the general characteristics of muscle tissues;
3. describe the special characteristics of each type of muscle tissue;
4. indicate a location and function of each type of muscle tissue;
5. identify examples of muscle tissues;
6. describe the general characteristics of nervous tissues;
7. identify nervous tissue.
Was this article helpful?
This ebook provides an introductory explanation of the workings of the human body, with an effort to draw connections between the body systems and explain their interdependencies. A framework for the book is homeostasis and how the body maintains balance within each system. This is intended as a first introduction to physiology for a college-level course.