After completing this exercise, you should be able to
1. distinguish among fibrous, cartilaginous, and synovial joints;
2. identify examples of each type of joint;
3. identify the major features of each type of joint;
4. locate and identify examples of each of the six types of synovial joints;
5. identify the types of movements that occur at synovial joints;
6. describe the structure of the shoulder, elbow, hip, and knee joints.
Was this article helpful?
This ebook provides an introductory explanation of the workings of the human body, with an effort to draw connections between the body systems and explain their interdependencies. A framework for the book is homeostasis and how the body maintains balance within each system. This is intended as a first introduction to physiology for a college-level course.