• Wear disposable gloves when working on the fetal pig dissection.
• Dispose of tissue remnants and gloves as instructed.
• Wash the dissecting tray and instruments as instructed.
• Wash your laboratory table.
• Wash your hands before leaving the laboratory.
In this laboratory exercise, you will dissect the major organs of the cardiovascular system of the fetal pig. As before, while you are examining the organs of the fetal pig, compare them with the corresponding organs of the human torso.
If the cardiovascular system of the fetal pig has been injected, the arteries will be filled with red latex (large arteries may not be real red because of the thick wall) and the veins will be filled with blue latex. This will make it easier for you to trace the vessels as you dissect them.
Was this article helpful?
This ebook provides an introductory explanation of the workings of the human body, with an effort to draw connections between the body systems and explain their interdependencies. A framework for the book is homeostasis and how the body maintains balance within each system. This is intended as a first introduction to physiology for a college-level course.