2. Describe the relative thicknesses of the walls of the heart chambers of the fetal pig.
3. Explain how the wall thicknesses are related to the functions of the chambers.
4. Compare the origins of the common carotid arteries of the fetal pig with those of the human.
5. Compare the origins of the external and internal iliac arteries of the fetal pig with those of the human.
Complete the following:
1. Compare the relative sizes of the external and internal jugular veins of the fetal pig with those of the human.
2. List twelve veins that pigs and humans have in common.
Critical Thinking Application
Explain the high oxygen content in the umbilical veins of both a human and a pig fetus.
Was this article helpful?
This ebook provides an introductory explanation of the workings of the human body, with an effort to draw connections between the body systems and explain their interdependencies. A framework for the book is homeostasis and how the body maintains balance within each system. This is intended as a first introduction to physiology for a college-level course.