1. the main system that secretes hormones
2. provides an outer covering of the body
3. produces a new organism
4. stimulates muscles to contract and interprets information from sensory units
5. provides a framework for soft tissues and produces blood cells in red marrow
6. exchanges gases between air and blood
7. transports excess fluid from tissues to blood
8. maintains posture and generates most body heat
9. removes liquid and wastes from blood and transports to the outside
10. converts food molecules into forms that are absorbed
11. transports nutrients, wastes, and gases throughout the body
Was this article helpful?
This ebook provides an introductory explanation of the workings of the human body, with an effort to draw connections between the body systems and explain their interdependencies. A framework for the book is homeostasis and how the body maintains balance within each system. This is intended as a first introduction to physiology for a college-level course.