1. increases or decreases the light intensity
2. platform that supports a microscope slide
3. concentrates light onto the specimen
4. causes objective lens (or stage) to move upward to downward
5. after light passes through the specimen, it next enters this lens system
6. holds a microscope slide in position
7. contains a lens at the top of the body tube
8. serves as a handle for carrying the microscope
9. part to which the objective lenses are attached 10. circular area seen through the eyepiece
Was this article helpful?
This ebook provides an introductory explanation of the workings of the human body, with an effort to draw connections between the body systems and explain their interdependencies. A framework for the book is homeostasis and how the body maintains balance within each system. This is intended as a first introduction to physiology for a college-level course.