2000s to present
1990s to present
Autonomic response and the cardiovascular system; pathophysiology of hypertension
1990s to present
Electrolyte transport in epithelia
2003 to present
Cardiac repair and regeneration
ing Electronics (Finn, B., ed.), Harwood, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
6. DeWall, R. (2000) Evolution of mechanical heart valves. Ann Thorac Surg. 69, 1612-1621.
7. Villafana, M. (1989) It will never work! The St. Jude valve. Ann Thorac Surg. 48, S53-S54.
8. Plaisance, P., Lurie, K.G., Vicaut, E., et al. (1999) A comparison of standard cardiopulmonary resuscitation and active compression-decompression resuscitation for out-of-hospital cardiac arrest. French Active Compression-Decompression Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Study Group. N Engl J Med. 341, 569-575
9. Das, G.S., Voss, G., Jarvis, G., Wyche, K., Gunther, R., and Wilson, R.F. (1993) Experimental atrial septal defect closure with a new transcatheter, self-centering device. Circulation. 88, 1754-1764.
10. Visscher, M.B. (1969) A half century in science and society. Annu Rev Physiol. 31, 1-18.
11. Starling, E.H. and Visscher, M.B. (1927) The regulation of the energy output of the heart. J Physiol Lond. 62, 243-261.
12. Wilson, L.G. (ed.) (1989) Medical Revolution in Minnesota: A History of the University of Minnesota Medical School. Midewiwin Press, St. Paul, MN.
13. Rees, D. (interviewer) (2002) Pioneers of the Medical Device Industry in Minnesota: An Oral History Project, Earl E. Bakken and Dr. C. Walton Lillehei. Minnesota Historical Society Oral History Office, St. Paul, MN.
Was this article helpful?
Do You Suffer From High Blood Pressure? Do You Feel Like This Silent Killer Might Be Stalking You? Have you been diagnosed or pre-hypertension and hypertension? Then JOIN THE CROWD Nearly 1 in 3 adults in the United States suffer from High Blood Pressure and only 1 in 3 adults are actually aware that they have it.