1. Griffiths K (2000) Estrogens and prostatic diseases. International Prostate Health Council Study Group. Prostate 45:87-100.
2. Cunha GR, Wang YZ, Hayward SW, et al (2001) Estrogenic effects on prostatic differentiation and carcinogenesis. Reprod Fertil Dev 13:285-296.
3. Jarred RA, McPherson SJ, Bianco JJ, et al (2002) Prostate phenotypes in estrogen modulated transgenic mice. Trends Endocrinol Metab 13:163-168.
4. Giguere V, Yang N, Segui P, et al (1988) Identification of a new class of steroid hormone receptors. Nature 331:91-94.
5. Bonnelye E, Vanacker JM, Dittmar T, et al (1997) The ERR-1 orphan receptor is a transcriptional activator expressed during bone development. Mol Endocrinol 11:905-916.
6. Johnston SD, Liu X, Zuo F, et al (1997) Estrogen-related receptor a-1 functionally binds as a monomer to extended half-site sequences including ones contained within estrogen-response elements. Mol Endocrinol 11:342352.
7. Zhang Z, Teng CT (2000) Estrogen receptor-related receptor interacts with coactivator and constitutively activates the estrogen response elements of the human lactoferrin gene. J Biol Chem 275:20837-20846.
8. Chen S, Zhou D, Yang C, et al (2001) Molecular basis for the constitutive activity of estrogen-related receptor a-1. J Biol Chem 276:28465-28470.
9. Greschik H, Wurtz JM, Sanglier S, et al (2002) Structural and functional evidence for ligand-independent transcriptional activation by the estrogen-related receptor 3. Mol Cell 9:303-313.
10. Xie W, Hong H, Yang NN, et al (1999) Constitutive activation of transcription and binding of coactivator by estrogen-related receptors 1 and 2. Mol Endocrinol 13:2151-2162.
11. Zhou D, Quach KM, Yang C, et al (2000) PNRC: a proline-rich nuclear receptor coregulatory protein that modulates transcriptional activation of multiple nuclear receptors including orphan receptors SF1 (steriodogenic factor 1) and (estrogen related receptor Mol Endocrinol 14:986-998.
12. Huss JM, Kopp RP, Kelly DP (2002) Peroxisome proliferator-activator receptor coactivator- coactivates the cardiac-enriched nuclear receptors estrogen-related receptors-a and -y. J Biol Chem 277:4026540274.
13. Zhang Z, Teng CT (2001) Estrogen receptor a and estrogen receptor-related al compete for binding and coactivator. Mol Cell Endocrinol 172:223-233.
14. Hentschke M, Schulze C, Susens U, Borgmeyer U (2003) Characterization of calmodulin binding to the orphan nuclear receptor Biol Chem 384:473-482.
15. Hentschke M, Susens U, Borgmeyer U (2002) Domains of ERRy that mediate homodimerization and interaction with factors stimulating DNA binding. Eur J Biochem 269:4086-4097.
Immunohistochemical and In-Situ Detection of Sex Hormone-binding Globulin (SHBG) Expression in Breast and Prostate Cancer: Implications for Hormone Regulation
Was this article helpful?