Atresia • As in biliary atresia, congenital closure, or absence of some or all of the major bile ducts
Crohn's disease • Inflammatory bowel disease marked by patchy areas of inflammation from the mouth to the anus
Hemarthrosis • Bloody effusion inside the joint
Hematoma • Swelling composed of a mass of clotted blood confined to an organ, tissue, or space or caused by a break in the blood vessel
Keloid • Scar that forms at the site of injury that appears to have a rubbery consistency and shiny surface
Porcine • Of or relating to swine (pigs)
1. Corriveau DM. Major elements of hemostasis. In: Cor-riveau DM, Fritsma GA, eds. Hemostasis and Thrombosis in the Clinical Laboratory. Philadelphia: JB Lippincott, 1988: 6.
2. www.hemophilia.org. Accessed June 14, 2005.
3. Berntrop E, Michiels JJ. A healthy hemophilic patient without arthropathy: From concept to clinical reality Semin Thromb Hemost 29:5-10, 2003.
4. Fritsma G. Hemorrhagic coagulation disorders. In Rodak B, ed. Hematology: Clinical Principles and Applications, 2nd ed. Philadelphia: WB Saunders, 2002: 639-640.
5. Kleinman MB. Anti-inhibitor coagulant complex for the rescue therapy of acquired inhibitors to factor VIII: Case report and review of literature. Hemophilia 8:694-697, 2002.
6. Acharya SS, Coughlin A, Dimichele DM, et al. Rare Bleeding Disorder Registry: Deficiencies of II, V, X, fibrinogen and dysfibrinogenemia. J Thromb Hasemost 2:248-256, 2004.
7. Jensen R. Screening and molecular diagnosis in hemo-stasis. Clin Hemost Rev 13:12, 1999.
8. McGlennen RC, Key NS. Clinical laboratory management of the prothrombin G20210A mutation. Arch Pathol Lab Med 126:1319-1325, 2002.
9. Seligsohn U. High frequency of factor XI (PTA) deficiency in Ashkenazi Jews. Blood 51:1223,
Was this article helpful?
Are Constant Headaches Making Your Life Stressful? Discover Proven Methods For Eliminating Even The Most Powerful Of Headaches, It’s Easier Than You Think… Stop Chronic Migraine Pain and Tension Headaches From Destroying Your Life… Proven steps anyone can take to overcome even the worst chronic head pain…