1. Which of the following are defects of platelet adhesion?
a. Hermansky-Pudlak syndrome b. Glanzmann's thrombasthenia c. Bernard Soulier syndrome d. Wiskott-Aldrich
2. Which one of the conditions will produce a thrombocytopenia due to an altered distribution of platelets?
a. Platelet satellitism b. Iron deficiency anemia c. Splenomegaly d. Chemotherapy
3. One of the main differences between TTP and HUS is:
a. neurological involvement.
b. kidney failure.
d. microangiopathic hemolytic anemia.
4. Nose bleeding, deep bruising, and gum bleeding are usually manifestations of which type of coagulation disorder?
a. Clotting factor disorder b. Platelet defect c. Thrombosis d. Vascular disorder
5. The presence of thrombocytopenia and giant platelets best describes:
a. classic von Willebrand's disease.
b. Wiskott-Aldrich c. Glanzmann's thrombasthenia.
d. Bernard Soulier syndrome.
6. Chronic idiopathic thrombocytopenia purpura (ITP):
a. is found in children.
b. usually spontaneously remits within several weeks.
c. affects males more commonly than females.
d. involves the immune destruction of platelets.
7. Aspirin prevents platelet aggregation by inhibiting the action of:
Was this article helpful?
Are Constant Headaches Making Your Life Stressful? Discover Proven Methods For Eliminating Even The Most Powerful Of Headaches, It’s Easier Than You Think… Stop Chronic Migraine Pain and Tension Headaches From Destroying Your Life… Proven steps anyone can take to overcome even the worst chronic head pain…