Figure 20.11 Histiocyte in peritoneal fluid.
5. Coagulation controls, two levels: reconstitute according to manufacturer's instructions.
6. Deionized water
7. Calcium chloride solution
8. aPTT reagent
Specimen Collection and Storage
1. Collect whole blood into vacuum tube with 3.2% sodium citrate. There needs to be a 9:1 dilution of blood to anticoagulant.
a. 4.5 mL of blood with 0.5 mL of anticoagulant or b. 2.7 mL of blood with 0.3 mL of anticoagulant
2. Specimens with hematocrits greater than 60%, see Limitations.
3. Specimens should not be obtained through a heparin lock or any other heparinized line.
4. Specimens are spun down for 5 minutes at 3000 rpm to be platelet poor.
Was this article helpful?
Are Constant Headaches Making Your Life Stressful? Discover Proven Methods For Eliminating Even The Most Powerful Of Headaches, It’s Easier Than You Think… Stop Chronic Migraine Pain and Tension Headaches From Destroying Your Life… Proven steps anyone can take to overcome even the worst chronic head pain…