• Uncertainty about diagnosis
• Inpatient care obviously necessary
• Severe depression
• Inability to cope at home
• Psychotically depressed (with delusions or hallucinations)
• Substantial suicide risk
• Failure of response to routine antidepressant therapy
• Associated psychiatric or physical disorders
• Difficult problem in the elderly—where diagnosis including 'dementia' is doubtful
• Children with apparent major depression
Was this article helpful?
Deal With Your Pain, Lead A Wonderful Life An Live Like A 'Normal' Person. Before I really start telling you anything about me or finding out anything about you, I want you to know that I sympathize with you. Not only is it one of the most painful experiences to have backpain. Not only is it the number one excuse for employees not coming into work. But perhaps just as significantly, it is something that I suffered from for years.