• severe colicky epigastric and periumbilical (mainly) pain (Fig 30.11)
• spasms last about 1 minute
• spasms every 3-10 minutes (according to level)
• absolute constipation (nil after bowel emptied)
• abdominal distension (especially if lower SBO)
colicky central pair» vomiticig distension
umbilicus and hernia orifices checi;
umbilicus and hernia orifices
Fig. 30.11 Typical pain distribution of small bowel obstruction
Was this article helpful?
Did you ever think feeling angry and irritable could be a symptom of constipation? A horrible fullness and pressing sharp pains against the bladders can’t help but affect your mood. Sometimes you just want everyone to leave you alone and sleep to escape the pain. It is virtually impossible to be constipated and keep a sunny disposition. Follow the steps in this guide to alleviate constipation and lead a happier healthy life.