• To prevent the onset of smoking in nonsmokers, especially children.
• To reduce the number of smokers.
• To reduce the exposure of smokers to tobaccoderived carcinogens.
• To reduce involuntary exposure to tobacco smoke.
• To reduce the prevalence of smokers to 15% or less.
• To reduce the difference in the prevalence of smokers between upper white and lower blue collar men.
• To reduce the prevalence of regular smokers in adolescents aged 15 years.
• To introduce regulations to prohibit the sale of tobacco products to minors in all states and territories.
• To introduce legislation or regulations to prohibit smoking on government controlled or regulated public transport and associated buildings in all states and territories.
• To ensure that all government buildings are smoke-free.
• To ensure that all enclosed public spaces are smoke-free.
Was this article helpful?