• hard and bony swelling
• signs of inflammation (mild)
• restricted movements
• joint deformity
Note: There should be no systemic manifestations.
Crystal arthropathy can complicate OA, especially in the fingers of people on diuretics, e.g. nodular gout. Differentiation from an inflammatory arthropathy 9
Osteoarthritis does not exhibit the typical inflammatory pattern. The clinical diagnosis is based on:
• gradual onset of pain after activity (worse towards the end of the day)
• the pattern of joint involvement
• the lack of soft tissue swelling
• the transient nature of the joint stiffness or gelling
Was this article helpful?
Did you ever think feeling angry and irritable could be a symptom of constipation? A horrible fullness and pressing sharp pains against the bladders can’t help but affect your mood. Sometimes you just want everyone to leave you alone and sleep to escape the pain. It is virtually impossible to be constipated and keep a sunny disposition. Follow the steps in this guide to alleviate constipation and lead a happier healthy life.