1. Piterman L, Sommer SJ. Preventive care. Melbourne: Monash University, Department of Community Medicine, Final Year Handbook, 1993, 75-85.
2. Silagy C. Prevention in general practice. In: McNeil J et al. eds, A textbook of preventive medicine, Melbourne: Edward Arnold, 1990, 269-277.
3. National Health Strategy. The future of general practice. Issues paper No. 3. Canberra: AGPS, 1992, 54-169.
4. Stephens NG, Parsons A, Schofield P et al. Randomised controlled trial of vitamin E in patients with coronary disease: Cambridge Heart Antioxidant Study (CHAOS). Lancet, 1996; 347:781786.
5. Locke FB, King H. Cancer mortality risk among Japanese in the United States. National Cancer Institute, 1980; 65:1149.
6. Potter JD, McMichael AJ. Diet and cancer of the colon and rectum: A case control study. National Cancer Institute, 1986; 76:557-69.
7. Rakel RE. Essentials of family practice. Philadelphia: Saunders, 1993, 126-127.
8. Editorial. Position of the American Dietetic Association: Photochemicals and functional foods. J Am Diet Assoc, 1993; 93:493-496.
9. Doll R, Peto R. The causes of cancer. New York: Oxford University Press, 1981, 1197-1219.
10. Sali A. Strategies for cancer prevention. Aust Fam Physician, 1987; 16:1603-1613.
11. Beisel WR. Single nutrients and immunity. Am J Clin Nutrition, 1982; 35(supp):147-148.
12. Meyskens FZ, Prasad KN. Vitamins and cancer: Human cancer prevention by vitamins and micronutrients. Clifton: Humana Press, 1986, 3-478.
13. Dormandy TL. An approach to free radicals. Lancet, 1983; 2:1010-1014.
14. Bury R. Clinical applications of antioxidant nutrients. Department of Human Services, Victoria, 1996, 26.
15. Antic R. Report on the cost of asthma in Australia. Melbourne: National Asthma Campaign, 1992,14-33.
16. Sridhar MK. Editorial. Nutrition and lung health. BMJ, 1995; 310:75-76.
17. Royal Australian College of General Practitioners. Guidelines for preventive activities in general practice (4th edn). Melbourne: RACGP, 1996.
Was this article helpful?
Learning About 10 Ways Fight Off Cancer Can Have Amazing Benefits For Your Life The Best Tips On How To Keep This Killer At Bay Discovering that you or a loved one has cancer can be utterly terrifying. All the same, once you comprehend the causes of cancer and learn how to reverse those causes, you or your loved one may have more than a fighting chance of beating out cancer.