1. Elliott-Binns E. Medicine: The forgotten art. Tunbridge Wells, Kent: Pitman Books, 1978, 35.
2. Macnab F. Changing levels of susceptibility in sickness and in health. Aust Fam Physician, 1986; 15:1370.
3. Mansfield F. Basic communicating skills. Aust Fam Physician, 1987; 16:216-222.
4. Kidd M, Rose A. An introduction to consulting skills. Community Medicine Student Handbook. Melbourne: Monash University, 1991, 15.
5. Medical Board of Victoria. Third Annual Report, 1982/3. Melbourne: FD Atkinson, Government Printers, 1983, 12.
6. Carson N, Findlay D. Communication skills. Student Handbook. Melbourne: Monash University, Department of Community Medicine, 1986, 31.
7. Elliott CE. 'How am I doing?' Med J Aust, 1979; 2:644-645.
8. Murtagh JE, Elliott CE. Barriers to communication. Aust Fam Physician, 1987; 16:223-226.
9. Ivory K. The invisible doctor. Medical Observer, 12 April 1996, 19.
10. Saltman D. Rectifying a sexual bias (Letter to the editor). Aus Fam Physician, 1987; 16:545.
11. Pease A. Body language. London: Camel Publishing, 1985, 1-63.
12. Mehrabian A. Silent messages. Belmont, Calif: Wadsworth, 1971.
13. Findlay D. Body language. Aust Fam Physician, 1987; 16:229.
14. Bandler R, Grinder J. Re-framing: Neuro-linguistic programming and the transformation of meaning. Moab, Utah: Real People Press, 1982, 1-203.
15. Oldham J. Neuro-linguistic programming. Aust Fam Physician, 1987; 16:237-240.
16. Lloyd M, Bor R. Communication skills for medicine. London: Churchill Livingstone, 1996, 17-25.
Was this article helpful?
Most people don't often mean what they say. How to Efficiently Decode People's Inner Feelings and Emotions Through Their Body Movements, and How You Can Use This Knowledge to Succeed in Your Career, Relationships, and Personal Life! What I am about to tell you might shock you. Many people think that the most popular way of communicating with other people is through the mouth. But what they didn't know is that actual verbal communication accounts to only around 10 or even less of the overall means to convey a message.