The following treatments have a significant role in the management of back pain, although clearcut evidence for the efficacy of these modalities is still lacking.
• transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS)
• facet joint injection
• posterior nerve root (medial branch) blocks with or without denervation (by cryotherapy or radiofrequency)
• deep friction massage (in conjunction with mobilisation and manipulation)
• pain clinic (if unresponsive to initial treatments)
• gravitational methods (home therapy)
Was this article helpful?
Tired Having Back Pains All The Time, But You Choose To Ignore It? Every year millions of people see their lives and favorite activities limited by back pain. They forego activities they once loved because of it and in some cases may not even be able to perform their job as well as they once could due to back pain.