When acute attack subsides preventive measures include:
• weight reduction
• a normal, well-balanced diet
• avoidance of purine-rich food, e.g. organ meats (liver, brain, kidneys, sweetbread), tinned fish (sardines, anchovies, herrings), shellfish and game
• reduced intake of alcohol
• avoidance of drugs such as diuretics (thiazides, frusemide) and salicylates
• wearing comfortable shoes
Was this article helpful?
Deal With Your Pain, Lead A Wonderful Life An Live Like A 'Normal' Person. Before I really start telling you anything about me or finding out anything about you, I want you to know that I sympathize with you. Not only is it one of the most painful experiences to have backpain. Not only is it the number one excuse for employees not coming into work. But perhaps just as significantly, it is something that I suffered from for years.