• Can you recall injuring your back, such as by lifting something heavy?
• Did you have a fall onto your chest or back?
• Is the pain present during the night?
• Does the pain come on after walking or any strenuous effort?
• Does the pain come on after eating or soon after going to bed at night?
• Have you noticed a fever or sweating at any time, especially at night?
• Have you noticed a rash near where you have the pain?
• What drugs are you taking? Do you take drugs for arthritis or pain? Cortisone?
• What happens when you take a deep breath, cough or sneeze?
Was this article helpful?
Deal With Your Pain, Lead A Wonderful Life An Live Like A 'Normal' Person. Before I really start telling you anything about me or finding out anything about you, I want you to know that I sympathize with you. Not only is it one of the most painful experiences to have backpain. Not only is it the number one excuse for employees not coming into work. But perhaps just as significantly, it is something that I suffered from for years.