Summary of diagnostic strategy model for abnormal hiccough
1. Q. Probability diagnosis
1. Food and alcohol excess Psychogenic/functional Postoperative
■ gastric distension
■ phrenic nerve irritation
2. Q. Serious disorders not to be missed
■ lung Subphrenic abscess Myocardial infarction/pericarditis CNS disorders, e.g. CVA, infection
3. Q. Pitfalls
1. Alcohol excess Smoking Aerophagy GIT disorders
■ hiatus hernia
Sudden temperature change Neck cysts and vascular abnormalities
4. Q. Seven masquerades checklist
A. Depression -
Thyroid disease -Spinal dysfunction possible
5. Q. Is the patient trying to tell me something?
1. Emotional causes always to be considered.
Was this article helpful?
Deal With Your Pain, Lead A Wonderful Life An Live Like A 'Normal' Person. Before I really start telling you anything about me or finding out anything about you, I want you to know that I sympathize with you. Not only is it one of the most painful experiences to have backpain. Not only is it the number one excuse for employees not coming into work. But perhaps just as significantly, it is something that I suffered from for years.