• Eat more fruits and vegetables, breads and cereals (preferably wholegrain).
• Eat less saturated fat, refined sugar and salt.
• Avoid 'fast foods' and deep-fried foods.
• Do not eat animal meat every day and then eat small portions.
• Use olive oil for cooking in preference to polyunsaturated oils.
• Limit caffeine intake: 0-3 drinks a day (maximum).
• Check plasma cholesterol and if elevated aim to reduce it with diet.
Was this article helpful?
Deal With Your Pain, Lead A Wonderful Life An Live Like A 'Normal' Person. Before I really start telling you anything about me or finding out anything about you, I want you to know that I sympathize with you. Not only is it one of the most painful experiences to have backpain. Not only is it the number one excuse for employees not coming into work. But perhaps just as significantly, it is something that I suffered from for years.