• cortisol excess (plasma or 24-hour urinary cortisol)
• dexamethasone suppression test
• radiological localisation o MRI for ACTH-producing pituitary tumours o CT scanning for adrenal tumours
Other endocrine disorders
Symptoms suggestive of acromegaly include:
• excessive growth of hands (increased glove size)
• excessive growth of tissues, e.g. nose, lips, face
• excessive growth of feet (increased shoe size)
• increased size of jaw and tongue
• general: weakness, sweating, headaches
• sexual changes including amenorrhoea and loss of libido
Was this article helpful?
Did you ever think feeling angry and irritable could be a symptom of constipation? A horrible fullness and pressing sharp pains against the bladders can’t help but affect your mood. Sometimes you just want everyone to leave you alone and sleep to escape the pain. It is virtually impossible to be constipated and keep a sunny disposition. Follow the steps in this guide to alleviate constipation and lead a happier healthy life.