other drugs and on the particular person. The effects vary from person to person. The effects of a small to moderate amount include:
• feeling of well-being and relaxation
• decreased inhibitions
• woozy, floating feeling
• lethargy and sleepiness
• talkativeness and laughing a lot
• red nose, gritty eyes and dry mouth
• unusual perception of sounds and colour
• nausea and dizziness
• loss of concentration
• lack of co-ordination
• a new form called 'skunk' or 'mad weed' causes paranoia
The effects of smoking marijuana take up to 20 minutes to appear and usually last 2 to 3 hours and then drowsiness follows. The main problem is habitual use with the development of dependence, although dependence (addiction) is worse than originally believed.
Was this article helpful?