The apparent positive effects of anabolic steroids include gains in muscular strength (in conjunction with diet and exercise) and quicker healing of muscle injuries. However the adverse effects, which are dependent on the dose and duration, are numerous. Adverse effects in women are:
• masculination—male pattern beard growth
• suppression of ovarian function
• changes in mood and libido
In adult men, adverse effects are:
• feminisation: enlarged breasts, high-pitched voice
• testicular atrophy and azoospermia
• libido changes
Severe effects with prolonged use include:
• liver function abnormalities including hepatoma
• tumours of kidneys, prostate
• heart disease
In prepubescent children there can be premature epiphyseal closure with short stature.
Was this article helpful?
Did you ever think feeling angry and irritable could be a symptom of constipation? A horrible fullness and pressing sharp pains against the bladders can’t help but affect your mood. Sometimes you just want everyone to leave you alone and sleep to escape the pain. It is virtually impossible to be constipated and keep a sunny disposition. Follow the steps in this guide to alleviate constipation and lead a happier healthy life.